- Devan Dubnyk (EDM) stopped 26 shots to shutout the Canucks
- Kari Lehtonen (DAL) earned a 23 save shutout against the Jackets
- Carey Price (MON) stopped 42 of 43 to help Montreal clinch a playoff berth with the win versus Chicago
- Chris Mason (ATL allowed 4 goals on 13 shots against Nashville. Ondrej Pavelec allowed 2 more on 11 shots in his turn.
- Jason Spezza (OTT) had a 4-point night with 1 goal and 3 assists
- Thomas Vanek (BUF) got the hat trick, scoring 3 goals on 6 shots
- Jordin Tootoo and Sergei Kostitsyn each had 2 goals and an assist for Nashville
- Patric Hornqvist (NAS) added 3 assists for the Preds
- Three other players had 2 goals last night:
- Blake Wheeler (ATL)
- Pascal Dupuis (PIT)
- Mike Richards (PHI)
- Two players came away with a goal and 2 assists:
- Andy McDonald (STL)
- Tim Connolly (BUF)
- Nikolai Kulemin (TOR) registered his 30th goal of the season last night for Toronto
- Joe Pavelski (SJ) holds the longest current streak point streak in the NHL right now at 10 games. He'll look to extend that tonight against the Ducks.
- Ryan Callahan (NYR) is out indefinitely after blocking a shot with his ankle
- Grant Clitsome (D-COB) returned for Columbus last night (knee)
- Niklas Kronwall (D-DET) is expected to miss tonight's game
Recommended Starting Goalies for Daily Fantasy Hockey Tonight:
Lots of tough games to call tonight. Here are a few good bets.
1. WAS vs FLA - With Vokoun on the shelf, the Panthers have little hope of beating the Caps. Florida has just 1 win in 10 games, while the Caps have 7. Expect Varlamov to start (not confirmed)
2. TOR vs NJ - The mojo is gone in New Jersey. They have dropped 5 of their last 7 games. The Leafs have fallen from playoff contention but still look like the better bet here. Look for Reimer in net (not confirmed).
3. STL vs CHI - The Blues have won 5 of 7 in convincing fashion, while the Hawks continue to play themselves out of the playoff race. Chicago has lost 3 of their last 4 games, including one against Montreal last night. Halak was in net last night, so expect the Blues to turn to Conklin.
Don't forget, if you've enjoyed daily hockey on Draftstreet, they have an impressive lineup of options for Major League Baseball (if you're into that kind of thing), including a Free game tonight with $500 in prizes. (Free game link) If you're new to Draftstreet, use my promo code "LANDSHARK" for a 30% bonus on your first deposit.