- Michal Neuvirth (WAS) stopped all 39 shots to shutout the Pens
- Al Montoya (NYI) gave the Isles another victory, stopping 20 of 21 shots
- Marc-Andre Fleury (PIT) allowed just 1 goal on 24 shots, but fell to Washington
- Ben Bishop (STL) was pulled after allowing 4 goals on 18 shots. Ty Conklin mopped up the final 7 saves.
- Matt Moulson (NYI) got his 2nd career hat trick
- Four players had a goal and an assist yesterday:
- Marian Hossa (CHI)
- Jonathan Toews (CHI)
- Patrick Kane (CHI)
- Alex Pietrangelo (D-STL)
- The Penguins traded Alex Goligoski (D) to Dallas for James Neal and Mats Niskanen (D). Once again, Shero is earning his pay in Pittsburgh, as Neal is precisely what the Pens need this year and going forward. Niskanen once fought Crosby, so let's hope they can make nice.
- Matt Duchene (COL) is expected to return this week, possibly tonight
- Ryan Suter (D-NAS) is doubtful for tonight
- Chris Kunitz (PIT) may return this week
- Chris Osgood (G-DET) is expected to start practicing this week
Recommended Starting Goalies for Daily Fantasy Hockey Tonight:
After a short schedule yesterday, tonight features 10 games. Here are the highlights if you're looking for a W:
1. VAN vs MON - The Canucks have scored 52 more goals than Montreal this season and have won 7 of 10. The Canadiens have dropped 2 straight. Expect Luongo (not confirmed).
2. NJ vs DAL - a month ago, this would have been reversed, but Dallas is fading and the Devils are unstoppable. Hedberg remains a value option on many sites and is scheduled to start again tonight. NJ has won 7 straight.
3. STL vs COL - these recent trade partners play their make-up game from earlier this month tonight. Colorado fans can't remember their last win at this point, while the Blues are playing around .500 hockey lately. Based on yesterday's results, it's safe to say Conklin should start for the Blues.
Also give consideration to Lawson or Montoya vs. Toronto based on salary alone, depending on who the Isles start.
Draftstreet is running their 2nd big prize pool tonight. $5 entry gets you a crack at $300 in prize money. Use promo code "LANDSHARK" for a bonus on your deposit.