- Three shutouts posted, including 2 in one game last night:
- Dwayne Roloson (TB) - 38 stops
- Niklas Backstrom (MIN) - 27 stops, shootout win
- Jonathan Bernier (LA) - 25 stops, shootout loss
- Cory Schneider (VAN) stopped 25 of 26 to defeat Dallas
- Kevin Poulin (NYI) stopped 25 of 26 in his win over Atlanta
- Antti Niemi (SJ) was removed after allowing 3 goals on 27 shots. Alex Stalock stopped 9 of 9 in relief.
- Sergei Bobrovsky (PHI) got the yank after allowing 3 goals on 6 shots. Boucher stopped 15 of 16 in relief.
- Steve Mason (COB) had a rough night, allowing 5 goals on 22 shots.
- Kyle Okposo (NYI) had his first big offensive night of the season, scoring 2 goals and 1 assist
- Joe Pavelski (SJ) matched those totals for San Jose
- Jonathan Toews (CHI) had a 3-point night (1 goal, 2 assists)
- Teddy Purcell (TB) and Brain Gionta (MON) each had 2 goals
- Jordan Staal (PIT) was ejected from the game last night after punching Brandon Prust
- Evander Kane (ATL) played last night
- Ryan Callahan and Brandon Dubinsky returned last night for the Rangers
- Erik Johnson (STL) is questionable for Friday
Recommended Starting Goalies for Daily Fantasy Hockey Tonight:
Two matchups stand out tonight if you're looking for the best chance for a goalie win:
DET vs OTT - The Senators lost against last night, giving them just 1 win in 10 games, while the Wings are 6-3-1 over the last 10. Detroit has a 76 goal differential advantage. Howard is expected to play.
PIT vs NYI - Despite the injuries to Malkin and Crosby, the Pens hold a clear edge tonight on home ice against the Isles. Pittsburgh sits 29 points up in the standings. No starter named yet for Pittsburgh, and they played last night, so it's possible Johnson will get the go.
Until I see confirmation out of Pittsburgh, I'm penciling in Howard across all leagues.